Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Break Your Routine

Today when I got off my bus and began my 15 minute walk home, I was forced to walk on the opposite sidewalk of the one I always walk on (construction & stuff = huge mess around the city). At first I thought "whatever, it's the same thing, maybe it'll even be faster...", but it wasn't the same. I began noticing all sorts of stuff I had never seen before on the other side of the street: a big house with a strange design (for Mexico City at least), fruit stands, two small restaurants, some weird colored buildings I had never noticed before, etc.
The point is, this is just a tiny, simple example of something even greater. You can discover so many things just by changing some things in your life now and then, there's always a chance, an alternative, to break even the strictest routines. Maybe if we tried it more often we wouldn't get so bored of always doing the same thing at the same time. They can be small changes, or big ones. From showering at night instead of in the morning, to moving to another country when an opportunity comes up.
The more you try new things and take chances the more things you can see, learn, hear, etc. And this'll open a world of opportunities, beauty and knowledge for you. So why not give it a try? Starting tomorrow try to change at least one little thing per day, see how you feel about it, and keep trying new things!

3 comments:

  1. I try to do that whenever I can. and it never stops amazing me. :D

    I like this we're doing. Its sort of going to therapy only a million times better! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. It really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing is everything's there...

    We are just too busy to see it.

    ReplyDelete