Sunday, May 24, 2009

Change

I love change, and at the same time, I'm scared of it. Big changes are like the first time you have sex. You really want it, but you're scared something might go wrong. Still, change can be good, change is necessary. Change is what has defined us throughout our lives. If we never changed, imagine how boring we would be. With every change comes a lesson, something to be learned, you get smarter, tougher. It can be addictive and make you want to change everything all at once, or it can be too much and make you want to stop and breathe for a second.
As highschool graduates, we're all about to face major changes in our lives. New schools, cities, and friends. It's gonna be really hard at first, but it always is.
I remember when I moved to Mexico City, I had no friends at all. I left them all back in the small town I used to live in; but I was willing to give up that "safe zone" to aim for something bigger. Moving to the big city was my first step towards greater goals. You can't just stay somewhere because it feels comfortable, because you're used to it, and because it's easy. It will only make you lazy and weak. Take risks, and have the initiative to climb higher.
I'm pretty used to my life here in Mexico City now. I love this city, I really do. However, as I said, it was only the first step; I have greater ambitions, I want to see the world, so my next step is to move to the Netherlands. I'll live in a city which is much smaller than Mexico City, it's gonna be hard at first. I like big cities, and whenever I've gone to the Netherlands I feel out of place if the streets are empty or there's no traffic. Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with all of Mexico's problems. I hate big crowds and noise when I'm on the street, but the second you take it away, I miss it. Sigh.
A part of me is ready to leave, ready to be a college student, doing all sorts of different things, with great responsabilities, living by myself, etc. The other part still says: "Just a few more months please?".
I wish I could just take all of you with me, but we all have different dreams to pursue. I sincerely hope that we all find what we're looking for, and that one day we can see each other again, all together and share our stories.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww
    pues yo nada más te quiero decir que
    a pesar de que estes lejos, vamos a seguir hablando. Aprovecha estas ultimas semanas
    que te quedan aqui. Has todo lo que crees ke te falte de estar aqui. Podemos ir otra vz a las trajineras, con mas varo y chupe
    y empedar aun mas a gusto.
    Disfruta tus ultimos momentos aqui, de verdad. Y que bueno que tienes grandes ambiciones, eso es lo mejor. Es la diferencia, no todos espiran a cosas grandes, pero mientras sepas lo que quieres vas a llegar muy lejos.

    Luv ya litol tzor. <3
    I'll miss ya, fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with you and I share some of your thoughts and beliefs. The same thing happened to me when I moved here. When I arrived to Mexico City I had no friends and everything was new to me due to the fact that I also lived a big part of my life in a small town. Changes are necessary, as you said, and they mostly bring better things to our lifes. I don't know what I'll be doing in the future. But for now I'm gonna live my life and enjoy every minute I'm here. We will still be in contact and I'll visit you someday. :)

    I love you. I just wanted to remind you that in case you forgot. :)

    ReplyDelete