Saturday, April 18, 2009

Some Little Pleasures

We all have them, little things that can really make our day. Here are some of mine.

Eating a big bowl of chocolate ice cream
Especially while watching something like Scrubs, 30 Rock, or House on T.V.
It's just so nice & creamy... it melts in your mouth and leaves the most wonderful taste. I really do think the flavour of chocolate can make people happy, through some sort of chemical reaction. I think heard about that somewhere. Anyways, I heart chocolate ice cream.


Mango Tango
It's this amazing drink from "La Buena Tierra" (one of my favorite restaurants) which has mango, orange, strawberry, raspberry, and other stuff in it I can't remember. It's so fresh & delicious, I could seriously not drink anything else for the rest of my life and be happy. If you haven't tried it, you should.


Watching "Mean Girls"
Best comedy ever! The best part is saying all the quotes you can remember throughout the movie while you watch it (although some people find that annoying lol). Everytime I watch it, I learn a new quote, which I will somehow incorporate into my everyday conversation.







Winning at strategy games
Sure I could just say "winning" but everyone loves winning, I want to specify strategy games because whenever I play Starcraft online or Risk and I win, I feel satisfied. Sounds geeky, but it's true, because all the work you put into building your army or whatever has been rewarded. So yeah, everytime I win I get in a really good mood.

Melting things
Childish? Maybe! But it still rules. I find melting things not only fun, but also relaxing. Ever since I was little I liked melting straws together and making figures. Plastic forks, cups, candy wrappings, pens, you name it. I like making the plastic all shiny or giving it a weird shape. The only bad thing is the smell of burnt plastic, oh and the risk of catching on fire.

Listening to John Mayer
No need for a lot of explanation. The guitar, the voice, the lyrics, he's got it all. He really loves music and he transmits that to the people who listen to him. I need to go to one of his concerts! I've mentioned him in this blog already a couple of times I think, but I don't care!



And there's so many other things, but for some reason all I can think about right now is food, like lasagna, krispy kreme doughnuts and Arizona green tea. Just goes to show that it's true that the way through a man's heart is through is stomache.



No comments:

Post a Comment